The drive to succeed in college can come from a variety of sources. It could have been taught by your parents, it could have been brought on by an event in your past or maybe it was something someone once said that inspired you. For many of us, we were actually born this way! It doesn’t matter what your definition of success is, the formula for achieving it is usually the same.
Taking a look at the most successful pop star currently on the planet, here is what we can all learn from the patron saint of “Born This Way”:
1. Learn your craft well. Lady GaGa is classically trained and an accomplished musician who constantly practices. Go to class, take notes, pay attention, learn.
2. Nothing but quality goes out the front door. Ever. Never turn something in because “it’s good enough.” Always make it the best you can do. Or better.
3. Don’t be afraid to be different, you’ll stand out from the crowd. It takes more than talent to be a rock star. Raise your hand, ask, challenge.
4. Use social media every way you can to connect with fans (mentors and instructors). Don’t just communicate–respond and interact with them. Facebook is not just for last night’s party.
5. Be gracious, kind and appreciative. Appreciation is never an option. Never. Ever. Always remember to say thank you to anyone who helps you in ANY way.
6. Give back to the community that gave you your fame. GaGa donates thousands of dollars in each city she plays as well as getting involved in the causes her fans support. You may not have thousands of dollars to donate just yet but you do have time and expertise in something. When you give back to your college community, it makes the community that much better.
7. Keep your family and true friends. These are the people who truly want to see you succeed, don’t discount what they can do to help you. (PS: Call your mother.)
8. Remember that a rock star is never done. At the end of the day, you rest and recharge because when you wake up, you have to do it all again. Everyday. And on the days you don’t feel like it, do what Gaga told Rolling Stone Magazine she does. She tells herself, “Bitch, you’re Lady GaGa, you get up and walk the walk today.”
Whether you have fans, professors, clients, fellow students, employees or little monsters, it all works the same…even if you weren’t lucky enough to be born this way.
Rock on my Steeleworkers!
Dayna Steele is the creator of YourDailySuccessTip.com and the author of the 101 Ways to Rock Your World book series. She went to college when she was 16 and had a really good time. In speaking to college students, Dayna shares the everyday principles of success she learned from years of mingling with successful Rock Stars as one of the nation's top Rock Radio DJ's. She helps her audiences Rock to the Top in college, in their careers, as entrepreneurs and in life. Dayna speaks about SUCCESS to college students, business people and entrepreneurs across the globe and is available to speak at your next campus event.